On campus • 21 September 2022
IC-3Rs Symposium 2022
The Innovation Centre-3Rs (IC-3Rs) at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) organizes the 6th Symposium on IC-3Rs on September 21st 2022 from 9 till 16.30 on the VUB Health Campus - Auditorium Vanden Driessche.
Symposium Registration form
Poster Awards IC-3Rs Symposium
1 jury prize of 250€ for the best Video Pitch
1 public prize of 250€ for the best Poster presentation
All submitted poster abstracts will be published in the special Symposium 2022 booklet and the video pitches will be posted on the IC-3Rs website, with your agreement.
Poster viewing and voting will be organized during the walking lunch of the Symposium. All attendees are invited to vote for their favorite poster. A QR code to the voting form will be available onsite and in the Symposium booklet.
The winners of the prizes will be announced during the award ceremony and are expected to give a short pitch presentation.
Topics of interest
Scientists working on the 3R Principle in its broadest sense are invited to submit an abstract. Topics include, amongst others:
- Drug development and research, toxicology, risk assessment, ….
- Stem cells, organ-on-chip, 2D- and 3D-cultures, in silico modeling, …
- Other Reduction and refinement techniques, …
- Submit an abstract in English of max 300 words in Word format (deadline 01/09/’22)
- Make a 3 minute video pitch (deadline 09/09/’22)
- Make a A1 poster (deadline 21/09/’22)
- Indicate the name, affiliation and contact details of each author
- Register above and indicate your participation to the competition
- Send your abstract by the 1st of September to posters@IC-3Rs.org
- Submit your video pitch via a YouTube or Vimeo link by the 9th of September to posters@IC-3Rs.org for the jury prize
- Bring your printed A1 poster to the symposium for the public prize
- You will be notified about the acceptance of your abstract and further practical details
- Prize winners are expected to give a short pitch about their abstract during the award ceremony
Sponsors of the 2021 Symposium
The Innovation Centre-3Rs (IC-3Rs) at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) organizes a video contest that is open to all interested parties.
The contest is open until 15 July 2022, midnight. The outcome will be announced during the Annual IC-3Rs Symposium at the VUB.
The idea behind the contest is to improve public awareness on the existing efforts to shift from in vivo, animal testing to in vitro, non-animal methods and at the same time offer the possibility to show creativity by making a short video clip on the 3Rs concept in the broadest sense. Alternative methods exist in many forms and may include in silico methods such as computer techniques, artificial intelligence, in vitro methods covering cell cultures, organ on a chip or whatever innovative technique that ameliorates or saves animal lives.
IC-3Rs Video Contest
What is expected? A creative video message in English of maximum 3 minutes on the topic of the 3Rs.
Applicants under 28 years (on 31/12/ 2022). Candidates have to fill in the registration form to apply. Deadline for submission: 15 July 2022 midnight.
What is the Prize?
The winner will be selected by the Symposium participants from 3 short listed candidates, selected by experts in the field. The winner receives 2000 Euro, the other 2 candidates each 500 Euro.
The ownership of the 3 selected works will be shared with IC-3Rs. Both will have the right to exploit these works during any of their future activities (e.g. website, YouTube). Yet the name of the creator and its affiliation need to be shown. A shared ownership agreement shall be signed by every candidate who submits a project.
Important resources of inspiration
For more information about the 3Rs and the development and implementation of alternative methods, please consult the following links:
IC-3Rs Communication Manager